Procedures & Qualifications
Property Management rents without regard to an applicant's race, ethnic
background, sex, age, religion, marital or familial status, physical disability
or sexual orientation. As part of our commitment to provide equal opportunity
housing, we comply with all federal, state and local laws prohibiting
discrimination. Please feel free to contact us, if you have any questions
regarding our rental policy.
appreciate your interest in renting a property from our company. Please review the following list of procedures and qualifications before applying to rent one of our homes.
- Please drive by and take a look at the exterior of the property that you're interested in before calling to make an appointment to view the interior. If the property listing has a "Now" status of availability, you're welcome to look through the windows of the home, look in the backyard, etc.
- If interested, we suggest that you submit your Rental Application at your earliest convenience. You can locate our online application by clicking "View" on the property that you're interested in on the "Properties For Rent" page. The rental market is moving very fast and most homes are receiving multiple applications daily.
- If however, you request an appointment to view in advance of applying, understand that the home may not be available by the time your appointment time arrives. Then...
- Be prepared to answer a few brief questions over the phone about your credit, income, pets, etc.. We pre-qualify all prospective Applicants before scheduling an appointment to view a property.
- We require all of the proposed adult occupants view the interior of the property before signing on their Rental Agreement.
- The hours of property showings
are Monday through Thursday from 9 AM until 6PM, Friday 9 AM until 5 PM,
and Saturday from 9 AM until 5 PM. For safety purposes, we do not show properties
after dark. Therefore, our hours of showing are adjusted when daylight savings time ends.
Applicant’s Qualifications to Rent:
- We require 3 times the amount of rent for the minimum household income. Example: Rent of $1,000.00/mo. would require a minimum monthly (combined) household income of $3,000.00.
- Applicant(s) must have established credit and recent rental history or mortgage history (within the past 12 months) in good standing.
- Applicant(s) may not have any evictions on record, have a current or previous balance due to a landlord, or have a bankruptcy in a non-discharged status. This will automatically disqualify Applicant(s).
- A rental application must be completed by each adult (18 years of age or older), intending to occupy the property.
- Rental applications are available on each property page. Just look for the orange box in the upper left hand corner where it says "apply now".
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $35.00 for each application. The application fee covers the cost of acquiring a credit report, verifying income and obtaining rental references. These are costs for reports and administrative costs.
- Legible copies of a government issued photo ID (Driver's License, State ID, Passport or Military ID) and verification of Social Security Number (copy of Social Security Card) must be submitted along with your Rental Application.
- Please include income verification when submitting your application.
- Employment and Wages - Copies of the 2 most recent pay stubs. Must have continuous employment for a minimum of 6 months prior to the application date.
- Government Subsidies (Social Security benefits, Disability, Financial Aid, etc.) - Document from the government agency.
- Self-Employment - Last year's tax return.
- Court Ordered Compensation (spousal support, child support, worker's compensation) - Copy of court order.
- Job Transfers - Must include a signed letter of intent from future employer and job transfers. Be sure to include contact information for the HR department so we can verify the offer.
- Note that we are unable to include non-reported "cash" income in the qualification process.
- Applicant(s) may be denied if convicted of a felony or misdemeanor crime against a person, another person's property, or against society, or appears on the list of known terrorists or wanted fugitives.
- The application process usually takes 1 - 2 business days, depending on the availability of references, etc. We encourage you to complete the on-line Rental Application and include income verification, a copy of your Social Security card and government issued identification. This will expedite the application process.
- If you're planning on moving in with roommates, we must receive all individual applications within 24 hours from receiving the original application or we'll proceed with processing new rental applications from other prospects. Thus, you may be at risk of forfeiting your application fee(s).
Co-Signer / Guarantor
- A Co-Signer or Guarantor may be considered for Applicants for the following reasons:
- Applicant's combined gross monthly household income is no more than 10% short of the income requirement.
- Non-housing associated derogatory credit reported on a consumer credit report.
Co-Signer / Guarantor Qualifications:
- Co-Signer / Guarantor must pay a non-refundable application fee of $35.00
- Co-Signer / Gurantor must reside in the State of California.
- Co-Signer must have a minimum gross annual income of 5x the annual rental rate.
- Co-Signer / Guarantor must agree to be responsible for the entire rental payment of all occupants, including all financial obligations that may arise from the Rental Agreement.
- The Co-Signer Agreement must be notarized, if not signed in the presence of a Property Manager.
- The maximum number of people that may occupy a rental unit is determined by the number of bedrooms.
- The guideline is “2 persons per bedroom, +1”. Example: 1 bedroom = 3 occupants; 2 bedrooms = 5 occupants; 3 bedrooms = 7 occupants, etc.
- Neither the Landlord, nor Performance Property Management, insures personal property for others’.
- Performance Property Management strongly encourages Resident(s) to obtain a Renter’s Insurance policy from a reputable insurance company.
the majority of our properties accept pets, there are a few that do
- An additional security deposit is required if you have a pet.
- A photo of your pet is required prior to approving your rental application.
- The maximum number of pets allowed at a single family home is 2.
- The maximum
number of pets allowed at an apartment unit is 1. Please call our office
for the amount of the additional security deposit, as the deposit will
vary depending on the quantity and breed of pet(s) you have.
- No pets are allowed at any property for any reason, unless the pet has been disclosed on your Rental Application and a Pet Agreement has been fully executed by Performance Property Management.
- The presence of an unauthorized pet will be cause for immediate termination of the Resident’s Rental Agreement.
- Legally recognized service animals are exempt, as they are not considered pets.
PLEASE NOTE that due to insurance restrictions certain breeds of dogs
are not allowed to occupy any of our properties.
following dog breeds are not permitted: Akita, Alaskan Malamute,
Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepard, Pit Bull, Presa Canario,
Rottweiler, Siberian Husky, Mastiff, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Wolf Hybrid.
(This list is subject to change)